So. This is a blog, and this is my blog. Basically, I’ll have personal posts. If you want to blacklist them, I use the tags #me and #personal.
I won’t tell you about everything I borrowed, but I haven’t been to the library in awhile, so I borrowed alot.
I still love picture books, so I got these great books called Baxter the
Tweeting Dog [by Doreen Marts], a short book about dogs, specifically Baxter, who use Twoofer, a spin off of Twitter (obviously); and Beauty and the Squat Bears [by Émile Bravo], which is from a series of books featuring the Squat Bears. It includes Snow White, and you see appearances by Cinderella, Prince Charming, and a few other random princes.
Avatar The Last Airbender
I was sitting next to a shelf of graphic novels, and whadda know? I see The Last Airbender Prequel, Zuko’s Story (loosely based on the movie, apparently) [by Dave Roman & Allison Wilgus - Illustrated by Nina Matsumoto], and Avatar The Last Airbender The Promise • Part One [by Gene Luen Lang, Illustrated by Gurihiru] (looks exactly like the series- a recommended read, even if I haven’t read it yet!). Picks up where the show left off. I can’t believe I’ve never heard of it!
Amazon’s Description (since I’m too lazy to type what it says on the back of the book):
The wait is over! Ever since the conclusion of Avatar: The Last Airbender, its millions of fans have been hungry for more - and it”s finally here! Think of it as Book (season) Four of Avatar! This series rejoins Aang and friends for exciting new adventures, beginning with a face-off against the Fire Nation that threatens to throw the world into another war, testing all of Aang’s powers and ingenuity! Written by National Book Award Nominee Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese), in close collaboration with series creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, this is the story that Avatar lovers have been clamoring for, as well as a perfect jumping-on point for new fans!
Who doesn’t love Rick Riordan? I also borrowed The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide [actually written by Mary-Jane Knight], and The Fake Friend! [Marrisa Moss] (I loved the Amelia books back in the day- still do). And guilty pleasure The 39 Clues. Even if the reading level is a bit low, I still like them. (Borrowed Operation Trinity, book one of the Cahill Files. By Clifford Riley.)
So, that’s a taste of what I borrowed. I would’ve gotten some of the books from my reading list, but the trip to the library was last minute so I didn’t have it with me. Here’s my reading list:
- Reached by Allie Condie
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, Book 4) by Roland Smith (Comes Out Sep.4)
- Why Does the World Exist? by Jim Holt
- The Serpent’s Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3) by Rick Riordan
- This Isn’t What It Looks Like (Secret Series, Book 4) by Pseudonymous Bosch
- The Lighthouse War (The Lighthouse Trilogy, Book 2) by Adrian McKinty
- Among the Brave (Shadow Children, Book 5) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Sunwing (Silverwing, Book 2) by Kenneth Opal
Again, some children’s books. But when you read the first book, you might as well finish off the series (unless the first book was horrendous).
Bonus (You’re probably annoyed by now, but eh.)! A Short List of Music I Recently Discovered and Like (Plus some of my other favorites)
- “Mood Rings” - Resilient K
- “Electric Twist” - A Fine Frenzy
- “Midnight City” - M83
- “Maps” - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Basically anything from Smash or Glee (especially both versions of “Don’t Stop Believing” (ooh and basically anything sung by the Warblers is a good listen), also “Don’t Forget Me”, and “20th Century Fox Mambo”)
- “Down We Go” - Madi Diaz
- “Crawl (Carry me Through)” - Superchick (Apparently it’s religious, and it does mention “lord” one time, but it’s not like it offends any non-Christians or anything, such as me. Besides, “lord” is pretty general anyway.)
- “Lions!” - Lights
- “For Good” - Wicked, Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth
- “Break it to Me Gently” - Brenda Lee
- “The Ladder” - Andrew Belle
- “You and Me” - Lifehouse
- “Invisible” - Skylar Grey
- “Be Cool Speak Deutsch”
- “Chronisch Pleite”